Open Toe Darning Foot
for Low Shank Sewing Machines
A Darning Foot is a must have tool for every quilter. Often referred to as a free motion foot, a quilting foot or the embroidery foot, your low shank darning foot is perfect for quilting, patchwork, and decorative projects. The Open Toe Darning Foot offers the correct pressing of the work while the needle is in the fabric while allowing the user to easily see the stitch.
NOTE: This Open Toe Darning Foot is for Low Shank Machines only. We also sell a High Shank version.
What settings do I use when darning on my sewing machine:
- Stitch: Straight stitch (Centre needle position)
- Thread tension: 3 – 6
- Stitch length: Any
- Stitch width: 0
- Feed dog: Down or use a darning plate.
How to use a Darning Foot
- Attach the darning foot to the presser bar with the lever over the needle clamp screw.
- Drop the feed dogs or attach a darning plate.
- Lower the foot and sew at a slow speed