A Message to our Valued Visitors, Customers & Friends...
Janome Sewing Centre is a close-knit team of experienced Janome sales people and technicians. We know the pandemic has been especially hard on those with homemade businesses and the lockdowns and shipping delays have been very stressful. Your patience and understanding goes a long way as we are all experiencing the same obstacles and are working harder than ever to help you get what you need A.S.A.P. If you need to know more about potential delays and when to expect your orders, read on!
With Lockdowns and outbreaks of Covid in areas where major distributors are located, warehouses are operating under increasingly difficult conditions. With higher pressures on delivery services due to high demand, and reduced domestic flights and staff, there is a considerable amount of stress on the delivery network in Australia right now. This means your delivery may not travel its usual route to reach your area, and can take longer than pre-Covid estimates to arrive. We aim to process orders within our normal time frames (1 to 3 business days) but there are varying delays in suppliers shipping so there are also many backordered items. Once the parcel is in the delivery company’s hands, we entrust them to do what it takes to deliver your parcel. Allow anywhere from 1-2 weeks for metro areas at this time. For more information on service updates, please visit Australia Post’s website.
With lockdowns and delays, we have increasing inquiries for updates on shipped items it takes time for our small team to process them all. There are a few things that you can do to help us better assist you with your inquiries.
If you are emailing regarding an order:
- Please include your order number. This will help our online team to refer to your order details instantly.
- Please check your tracking number and if Auspost has not already advised of delays. Parcels are being delivered usually within days of the estimated window.
- Please check that an item you ordered was not a Backorder Item. Many products are pending arrival from the supplier and are available to purchase On Backorder.
- Please let us know if you have also called, with details of who you have been addressing to avoid duplicate inquiries.
If you are experiencing technical problems:
- Please include photos or video. If there’s a problem, we can use these to help you find possible solutions swiftly.
- Please include details of the problem. Photos are excellent, but a detailed explanation of what you were sewing and what supplies and settings you were using at the time will greatly assist us in determining possible causes.
- Please tell us more about your machine. How old is it, when was it last serviced, and is it used for higher-than-intended volumes i.e. for a business?
Our Phones Are Working
With the growing demand for sewing machines and accessories, our team is working harder than ever to get back to each and every inquiry. Our phones have been ringing non-stop so if you’re unable to reach us, we may be on the line serving another customer. We appreciate your patience and ask that you try again after a few minutes or send your inquiry as an email and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Please also remember to include details about your machine or order so we can best assist you.
We know it’s a tough time and we’re here for you. Let’s stay connected, work together, and we will all rise to the challenges that lie ahead.
Visiting Our Store
Here’s how we can help each other
- Strictly maintain social distance. We encourage you to follow our team’s instructions and signage to facilitate proper distancing.
- We recommend everyone use contactless payment (i.e. use of credit/debit card instead of cash).
- If you are not feeling well, please stay at home and rest.
- Shop online and we will do our best get you your parcel as soon as possible.
Please be reminded: Our team and staff are working under difficult times and it’s becoming more important now, more than ever to show our utmost support, patience, and understanding. While we acknowledge delays can be frustrating, no amount of abuse spoken or written will be tolerated by our staff.
Wishing you good health,
Janome Everton Park ♥