Janome Hemming Guide
for CoverPro and CoverStitch Models
The hemming guide makes it sew easy to form hems, cuffs and other finished edges.
HOW DO I SET UP THE JANOME HEMMING GUIDE ON MY COVERPRO?
- Turn off the power stitch. Attach the Hemming Guide (A) to the machine with the 2 thumb screws (B) in the accessory set as shown. Tighten the 2 thumb screws (B) firmly
- Trim the edge of the fabric straight, fold the fabric and fingerpress the fold. Draw a line with a tailor’s chalk on th e right side of the fabric in line with the edge of the fabric as shown. Iron the fold.
(D) Width of hemming
(E) Left seam position
(F) Right seam position
- Insert the fabric under the foot and slide the right cloth guide (H) up against the fold, then tighten the thumb screw (I). Slide the guide (J) to the left and hold the fabric lightly to prevent fabric from kinking.
Insert the edge of the fabric into the left cloth guide (K) and tighten the thumb screw (L). Lower the presser foot and adjust the position of the right cloth guide position with the thumb screw (I)
- Turn on the power switch and sew slowly. Move the guide (J) to the right before sewing over the thickness.
*Do not loosen the screw (M)
- Test sewing on waste fabric of the same type is recommended
- Lace can be attached by matching the edge of the lace with the edge of the fabric (N)
For use on the Janome CoverPro 1000CP, 1000CPX, & 2000CPX