Janome 6mm Hemmer Foot
for 9mm Sewing Machine Model
The Janome 6mm Hemmer Foot (often referred to as a “Rolled Hem Foot” is used to create a professional hem on the edge of your Light to medium weight fabrics. Seen on Scarfs, Ball Gowns, and Linen, the 6mm Rolled Hem is a fantastic way to finish your project.
What settings do rolled hemming on my sewing machine?:
- Stitch: Straight stitch (Centre needle position)
- Thread tension: 3 – 6 or “Auto”
- Stitch length: Any
- Stitch width: 0
How do I sew a rolled hem on my sewing machine?:
- Select a light weight fabric.
- Clip the Janome Rolled Hem Foot onto your machine
- Align the hem edge of the fabric with the guide on the front of the foot.
- With a long thread tail, sew a couple of stitches into the fabric with the presser foot down (to late use as a guide).
- Insert the folded portion of the fabric into the curl of the foot.
- Lower the foot and sew while guiding the fabric from the back and front to ensure even and smooth feeding
Tips and Tricks: Use a liquid fabric starch (like Mary Ellen’s Best Press) on the edge of your fabric for easier rolling
What machines does the Janome 6mm Rolled Hem Foot fit?:
Janome: MC8200QC/QCP, MC8900QCP, MC9400QCP, MC9900, MC12000, MC14000, MC15000, Skyline S5, Skyline S7, Skyline S9
Elna: eXcellence 680 / 730Pro / 740 / 760Pro / 780, eXpressive 860 / 900 / 920